PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish on the line one more time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish on the line one more time.

So, I guess I'm a complete fish for this one. I just don't know why I can't let crap like this go..... Any suggestions? (P.S. I know I know....Click Fold.)

when I first saw it, I was hoping it was going to be a limit table, not NL.... it would make seeing the flop alot more viable, but still risky. NL, this really needs to be mucked preflop unless you know you can bluff the opps off of basically everything... which will not happen at this level.

I do not like the raise on the flop at all. You have a draw, that may or may not get you the best hand and if the opp calls, you know you're way, way behind (the only hands that should be calling your raise are an A, a set or a higher flush draw).

The turn makes it more interesting, becauase you now have a low-end straight. I like the sizing of your bet for the turn, as at this point, you should have the best hand.

The river, the only thing to be scared of is a diamond or a board pair. You got the diamond and a higher flush draw is definitely within the opps range, the entire hand. When the opp makes that big of an overbet at 2NL, they're going to have a better hand the majority of the time, so you need to muck, even though you have a flush.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

on the flop he/she has the draw to the stone cold nuts, you want the A, sets and higher flush draws coming along imho at the river though I am slamming on the brakes, and probably folding

Comment

Roomik, another thing I'd have done, most likely. Call the flop, which may make the opp fire again on the turn... if so, then raise the turn.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah not a fan of the raise there either

Comment

ohh and I would raise it pre, or fold.. never limp with position

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.