PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hand I can't forget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hand I can't forget

The villian is someone I've played before, prior to this hand she showed two hands, one an AKo that was folded to her minraise, and one A6os where she called down to the river and lost. I was putting her on a range that included pairs over 6 and any two court cards, including any ace rag. Results will be posted later, I'm curious what others might have done with this hand.
    Bracelet Winner

I don't mind the flat preflop, but if you think they're on ace/rag, I'd consider raising preflop.

Flopping top set, I'd want to check back to the preflop raiser, which you did and I'd probably call what they bet (although if you think they'd stay for a raise, that's a great option).

Turn, since you raised the flop, you really need to lead out on the turn. The opp will be looking at another check/raise and should check. You want to get some value from the turn and the only way to do it is to lead out. The only hand I'd figure they'd bet with there is AA due to the two diamonds being on the board and possible broadway draw.

river, didn't care for the J at all. Now KQ diamonds and JJ get there. A min raise by them preflop could really be either. If they had JJ, then the ace could scare them some and cause them to check there also (which they did). I'd be leading with a value bet on the river, hoping they didn't come over the top and push with JJ or KQd.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I would bet half the pot on the turn with hopes of getting it all in now or on the river.

Comment

Raise more than min on the flop, bet the turn. You flopped a monster but didn't really extract value with it.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I would check, reraise all-in on the flop. there is a straight draw out there and you will want him to gamble his stack if he wants to win that pot.

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
            the villian is someone i've played before, prior to this hand she showed two hands, one an ako that was folded to her minraise, and one a6os where she called down to the river and lost. I was putting her on a range that included pairs over 6 and any two court cards, including any ace rag. Results will be posted later, i'm curious what others might have done with this hand.
            Content is not found!
            to be honest even though you did not get a bigger payoff i think you played it well because your hand could have been beat it was for me to get a decent payoff and still be in tour just in case she got lucky you have to careful with that luck factor better to get a decent payoff rather than risking to many chips which could cost you later if you really have a good read on the player then maybe put more in the pot but i think when she checked on the ace i would have raised hoping then for a bigger payoff but she could be setting a trap hoping you would go allin better to be cautious and still be a decent place in tour just watch her careful and get her next time

Comment

Hand Results By the time this got to the river, I felt I was committed. I think this might be a leak, and it certainly was a mistake in this hand. I would have gotten a minimum of ten points for making the final table, instead had to settle for 5.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.