PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this the correct play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this the correct play?

on the flop, like the check-raise and the all-in call is really easy too.

The only thing I might have done differently would have been based on the opp. Was a raise to 4BB their std? If so, I'd do exactly what you did. If not, then that normally signifies a monster and I'd consider folding preflop.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Either folding or calling preflop is fine. You have 50 BBs and he's pretty deep too so you can pretty much play whatever style you want. You are out of position though, so that's an argument against calling, but you have a hand that plays well against an early position raiser's range, so I probably see a flop anyhow. Flop check-raise is fine since he is probably going to C-bet a ton. If you don't expect him to c-bet, then a donk lead is better. Definitely get it in there with him drawing to 5 outs twice if he has top pair or an overpair, since he very rarely can have a set here.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

With no reads or info (op gave us nothing) I'm folding this oop to an ep 4x raise.

Post flop is fine obv.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.