PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best I've seen for a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best I've seen for a while

Not the hand itself, the bs/psychology. He just pulled it off so well. Background: This is the Tombaugh PLHE/PLO freeroll. I get switched to this table and find this guy, Mikoryza (Poland) who's got a big stack (a lot bigger than he needs to just sit out, get his guaranteed ticket, and play another one - no money in tourney, but you know the type), so he's just terrorising everyone by systematically raising anything to pot limit pre-flop, then being reasonably aggressive post. After a few hands of hey what, I manage to get a couple off him, but still sit tight just in case you know especially at Omaha you know. Then Raider2611 play this hand, see it, but on the flop he says: "have to go wanna lose" - the replayer doesn't do chat, so. Play: Of course he didn't "wanna lose" at all, he just got the maniac big time, kept playing. I managed to finish 95th out of 6000 in that one, no ticket, but that hand was good for a laugh, hope you enjoy.

Minraise, min-4-bet... Raider played his hand face-up. Obviously shoving any flop, set or not. Calling preflop with QT after the min 4-bet sucks. Yeah, you're getting a great price, but you're in terrible shape against a range where you have no postflop fold equity and terrible implied odds.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Allow me to re-state that.
      Mikoryza was being totally obnoxious pre-flop and then playing reasonably aggressive post-flop.
      Raider2611 got him with the chat, or (I really believe) he would have folded. Maybe with the str8 draw, he would have gone for it, probably not, he was just playing pre-flop terror, he wasn't a total donk, he had the stack and used it.
      He did fold on the flop/turn/etc. quite a few times while I was there.

Raider2611 just got him on the chat, everyone agreed at the table (and cheered

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.