PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are the spots where I make the most mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the spots where I make the most mistakes

My biggest mistakes usually come with top pair top kicker. Usually by making bad river calls. In this spot I don't think the four would help him, but this is 2nl and he could call a raise with four five off and then call the flop too. I think his most likely hands are pocket queens, ace queen or a worse ace... maybe the four. Three of those hands are beating me so I folded. I am okay with my fold, but I'm wondering if I played it well. I'm questioning my turn bet in retrospect, but I think I would play it the same way next time.
    Last edited by hamburglarid; Sun Oct 09, 2011, 09:11 PM. Reason: grammar

I like the turn bet, because you'll now know exactly where you are in the hand. With them raising the turn, they've probably got A4s or possibly AQ and wanted to see if you had a 4. Either way, you're beat in the hand, so the fold was correct.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.