PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope you die!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you die!!

Another hand from a steps game, top 3 advance to the next round.. Table is very fishy, lots of OOP play, with marginal hands, shoving Q6 and showing after all fold etc. Villain raises, one tag along so I reraise to isolate, with my almost 4-1 chip lead, I doubt I am folding this...suprise they both shove.got them covered handily..turn gives me the nut draw so now I feel even better about calling.... after hand played out MP1 wished me death lol... thoughts on calling the shove by both? I figured my implied odds of getting both stacks, for roughly 1/3 of my stack was worth it, especially with some of the hands I have seen showdown

Everleaf No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Everleaf Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1760)
    MP2 (t1390)
    CO (t1570)
    Hero (Button) (t4420)
    SB (t1680)
    BB (t1500)
    UTG (t1410)
    UTG+1 (t1270)

Hero's M: 147.33

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
    2 folds, MP1 bets t80, MP2 calls t80, 1 fold, Hero raises t425, 2 folds, MP1 raises t1305, MP2 raises t1310 (All-In), Hero calls t965, MP1 calls t5

Flop: (t4200) , , (3 players, 1 all-in)
    MP1 bets t370 (All-In), Hero calls t370

Turn: (t4940) (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4940) (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4940
    Last edited by roomik17; Sun Sep 25, 2011, 06:23 PM.

don't know how many chips it takes to guarantee top 3... but if 4400 will do it, I'd pass to 2 pushes.. becuase more often than not, you'll lose and if your opps were realistic players, then you're behind at least 1 of them. If you could only get 1 caller, that's different.

After winning the hand, I'd for sure just play to preserve what I had and get into the top 3.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Can go either way on this. If this is the 1st or 2nd step just go with it. End it as fast as you can. 4-5th pass. In fact probably best to just flat the 90 chip raise. In the 6th step go for it as you're all but a lock to take 1st if you win this hand. Depending on how many Step 3 tickets you have you can either go with it or fold if you're in Step 3.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
        Can go either way on this. If this is the 1st or 2nd step just go with it. End it as fast as you can. 4-5th pass. In fact probably best to just flat the 90 chip raise. In the 6th step go for it as you're all but a lock to take 1st if you win this hand. Depending on how many Step 3 tickets you have you can either go with it or fold if you're in Step 3.
        its a step 3, I have about 5 or 6 more...sounds like you may be on the site too, so you know the level of play lol

JW 4400 is close to being enough to be comfy...was hoping to get just 1 caller, but the other guy came along too

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.