PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPP Rebuy Tournament - Shovefest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPP Rebuy Tournament - Shovefest

Hello All, I'm looking for opinions on the hand below. I'm in middle position with 1 limper before me. I raise AKs 3.5x and expect shoves or raises behind me given the way the tournament had been going. Most of the people who end up in the hand had been shoving with ATC since the start of the tournament. I had been playing decent hands up to this point but lost my first buy-in with 99 to ATo. I did a double rebuy at that point and doubled up with 99 on my very next hand. I had been quiet from that point for about 2 rotations. I should had that it was a turbo tournament with a 30 minute rebuy period (5m levels). Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jcrondps; Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:05 PM. Reason: Only pasted part of the hand.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Looks fine to me though I probably just open-shove. It's a freebuy. you'll get called by all sorts of crap and you have the equity edge here always. You need to be trying to build the biggest stack possible early on. Getting AK suited in there is a good way to go about it. AK suited is pretty good at winning multiway pots.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

rebuy turbo, just shove

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.