PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting

Well.... Getting called pre was good. When I seen the K hit I thought this is perfect. As I could easily range the villian on AK. His call on the turn...ouch...overplaying the AK or a set. What to do? Well, the wrong thing was the answer. Dale
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

I did mean to place this in the hand analysis forum.

Second dumbazz play of the nite.

Dale
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

* moved *
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty

Dale
        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

not much you can do there. The only thing I'd have done different would be to raise more preflop but that won't chase off a pkt pair. When they hit the set and turn it into a cooler hand for you, nothing else you can do.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Those sets are really hard to read, and aces are a tough hand to muck. I might have been wondering after the call on the turn, though. Why would he make that call without a hand?? Pretty cold deck for you though.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Being flatted the whole way through... maybe, possibly,coulda, shoulda....Put him on the set...

Dale
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Raise more preflop. Bet flop. Check/shove turn would probably be my line to get value out of AK/KQ/KJ. Though bet bet bet works okay too. NOTE: AK is unlikely since you have two of the aces already!

You played it fine as a lot of worse hands can call. K9s gets there but that's about it. Readless I think you're playing it wrong if you don't go broke on this hand. If however you had some crazy read that he always calls in position with monsters or monsters and draws and would raise with top pair, then since there are no draws you might be able to save a few chips. But that's pretty farfetched. Also, on what is that, 35 BBs, you should gladly take AA (and AK since it's the same thing really) all the way.

You really needed to get more money in preflop though. It's too early to be 2 x-ing and a 3x raise isn't going to hurt your action any more than 2 x. Plus you want to build a bigger pot because you SHOULD be getting it in here. You have 35 BBs, not 100.
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Everybody's so good in the Premier League - it seems like the only way people are getting eliminated are with dominated hands or coin flips, is that what other people are finding?

• Pocket pair versus pocket pair (with who's ahead sometimes changing after the flop)
                    AK vs AQ (with who's ahead sometimes changing after the flop)
                    Flush over flush
                    Set over set
                    AJ+ vs 88+

I wound up in one of the 'classic' tough situations last night too - had QQ and was up against KK and was out early too. Not sure how I could have played it differently except maybe to try and pot-control??

Poker can get kind of frustrating when it turns out my league standing would be better had I just sat out and watched Dancing With the Stars rather than actually attempt to play

Sigh ...

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                    Everybody's so good in the Premier League - it seems like the only way people are getting eliminated are with dominated hands or coin flips, is that what other people are finding?
                    Good or nitty?
                    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
                      Good or nitty?

Nitty to Maniac

Dale
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.