PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i play this right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i play this right?

Facebook freeroll, less than 20 players to go and I'm ITM. Most of table is sitting out, and villain is fairly loose and mildly aggressive, often betting 2-3BB on picture-rag card combinations. Finished 263rd, 13 from ITM Side note: there was about 50 players with worse chip stacks at the start of the hand: Would it of been worth trying to cruise it?
    Last edited by havocofsmeg; Mon Sep 19, 2011, 05:10 PM.
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

You have to shove here. You have 7 1/2 bigs, you think you're gettin' better than AK in the next few hands?Too late to try to cruise imo, and you dont want a min cash anyway, or I dont I should say. You need a chip up and this is the perfect hand to do it. You just got b. slapped by lady luck thats all. Good play. MT
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

If you're playing to win it's an easy shove. If you're playing to min-cash it's an easy fold.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Unless a min cash means a ton to you, then I'm shoving it every single time...... assuming that you meant in your first statement that you were 20 from being ITM... not already in the $$.

In a freeroll like that, more often than not, a big stack like that is from a calling station and if so, I'll go up against a station every single time with AKs.

If it's a satellite for a ticket, then it's a snap fold. Getting to ITM is the only thing that matters!
        Last edited by JWK24; Tue Sep 20, 2011, 12:14 AM. Reason: add result because later info says it's a satellite
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Isn't this tourney a satellite where like top 200 win a ticket?

Snap fold.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Flat pay structure, close to ticket, clear fold.
            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah if this was a ticket satty then its an easy fold....
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
                Isn't this tourney a satellite where like top 200 win a ticket?

Snap fold.
                +1, kind of important info OP.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

1st place - $1.10 FB ticket 2nd to 250th - $0.10 FB ticket. Thanks for input guys.umbup:
                  'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Yeah that's the one. You have no shot at winning the 1st prize ticket, so just try to fold your way to the bubble. If folded to and with sitters behind raise to steal their blinds. Otherwise just fold every hand. It's possible you'll need to get involved at some point down the line, so you shouldn't just sit out and leave, but until then assume you can just fold every hand.
                    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.