PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call / Fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call / Fold?

Villian seemed fiarly weak/tight. Calling in BB 27% out of 15

just too scary board and given his bet sizing to think my 2 pair good here. What do you all think?

PokerStars Game #66911779026: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2011/09/02 19:10:13 WET [2011/09/02 14:10:13 ET]
    Table 'Dabih II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: Danaiela ($8.71 in chips)
    Seat 2: DiveAllIn ($22.41 in chips)
    Seat 4: mery1303 ($4 in chips)
    Seat 5: RexClub ($7.38 in chips)
    Seat 6: MyWinisUrLos ($9.76 in chips)
    RexClub: posts small blind $0.05
    MyWinisUrLos: posts big blind $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to DiveAllIn [Qd 8d]
    Danaiela: folds
    DiveAllIn: raises $0.20 to $0.30
    mery1303: folds
    RexClub: folds
    xop-to leaves the table
    MyWinisUrLos: calls $0.20
    *** FLOP *** [Qs 8h 2s]
    MyWinisUrLos: checks
    the Noths joins the table at seat #3
    DiveAllIn: bets $0.46
    MyWinisUrLos: calls $0.46
    *** TURN *** [Qs 8h 2s] [Ks]
    MyWinisUrLos: bets $1.50
    DiveAllIn: calls $1.50
    *** RIVER *** [Qs 8h 2s Ks] [Tc]
    MyWinisUrLos: bets $4.35
    DiveAllIn: ???

I think it should be a fold.

I do not know what you mean by tight/weak but if he usually folds and is not normally aggressive with a hand, you could be in big trouble.

He took the betting lead on the turn which could be a bluff, but if he is tight and normally passive then you must think possible trips or a flush or flush draw. The other possibility is that he is overplaying Aces.

He makes a virtually full pot sized bet on the turn, and the board just filled, if he had a spade, or AJ. I would suppose your only hope was if he was one of those players who keep betting Aces, to try and get you off your hand.

If he was, and you won the pot, you were very fortunate

TC

Comment

Snap fold. I'd wait a few seconds to make it look good, but you're really not beating anything but a bluff and given reads he's not bluffing. Sucks watching your beautiful flopped top two burn like that, but you can't win this anymore.

I just don't think he plays AA/AK/KJ this way and those are the only hands you're beating. Even if he has those hands you still can't call as his value range still has you crushed.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.