PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too aggressive on the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too aggressive on the river?

Hi there, Seeking some guidance on this issue as it is creeping into my game. I usually play 3.5 SNG so that kind of limits the damage but this type of play would no doubt lead to trouble in cash games. (Apologies for not loading the video). My mindset during this type of play is i've committed 1000 of my 1500 stack, so I might as well throw in the rest and gamble, rather than folding and trying to play a short stack. I'll take all feedback, but was seeking advice on the following points; 1. Was my initial raise OK? 2. Was the c-bet/semi bluff on the flop justified and was the amount OK 3. Was the call on the turn a mistake as the odds were'nt right (approx 3-1). does implied odds apply in this spot? 4. Should I have just called the river bet given the obvious flush possibilities of my opponent to limit the damage I ultimately caused myself. Cheers Lyle
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Last edited by Frickabomber; Fri Sep 09, 2011, 11:10 AM. Reason: hand replayer video added

in my personal opinion i would have bet bigger on the flop or being so early in the tournament i may have checked and laid down when i saw the turn, but to be honest i would have folded pre flop, but im no expert lol
    Last edited by jacobyte; Mon Sep 12, 2011, 08:22 PM. Reason: second thoughts

Comment

This hand again?
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.