PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK heads up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK heads up.

I'm playing heads up and this player is somewhat Tight but when he's the chip leader he loosen up preflop. Generally I'm not good at playing heads up. I 3bet, he calls, flop comes rainbow and he shoves. I'm on a tilt so I just call. He got top pair with a phonie hand. How should I have played the hand and was it okay to call a shove with AK?

Comment

I'd have raised more preflop. When heads-up, you can up what you normally raise preflop. After missing the flop, I'd assume that they hit some part of the flop.... and therefore fold.

My preflop raise would have been the maximum that I'd think that he'd call with. I'd want as many of his chips in the pot before the flop as I can (so he can't see that he'd flop top pair).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.