PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Jacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Jacks

I'm playing The Big $2.20 and I've reached the money. UTG limps in so I figure he's pretty weak, and Liiano shoves with 10bb. He's pretty loose and I figured that my Jacks are a favorite here so I shoved with the incentive of UTG folding. I lucked out, but would you have played this hand differently considering this situation?

Comment

Reads will mean a ton here. If he's shoving light, then I like the push, because it can scare off UTG and isolate the weaker opponent. You were a 2-1 favorite to win the hand and still have chips to play with, so like your play. Yes, you got unlucky, but I like the way you played it. If the opp was playing tighter, then I'd probably fold the JJ and try to find a better situation.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.