PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ being tempted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ being tempted

This is a post which doesnt require much analyzing but stil i am being interested, what would you do in my spot. Ok here it goes: I see my hole cards - QQ. I was on small blind so i was hoping for a decent amount of limpers, not too many of course. There was only one limper, who was a calling station, and a BB behind me. I decide to raise to 500, because that was an amount that my calling station would call. And he does. FLOP: 9 10 10 Not a dream board for 2 queens, there were also 2 clubs. I was first to act so I fired 750 chips into a 1210 chip pot, to test the waters. He pushes all in. Here comes my big decision - he was raising a huge percentage of the pots, going all in and raising with complete air. First i put him on A9 K9 or 89. Then i started to think why would he raise me all in, if i raised quite a decent amount preflop, and continued on the flop with 70% pot bet. He must've had something. I tried not to believe him that he has a 10 in his hand. I called with my overpair. In this case i did it right. What would you do in my case? Regards Hohnerboy

reads are almost everything here. If your read is correct and they don't have a 10, then it's a good call. If the opp was playing really tight, then I'd probably muck because it means they have a 10 or overpair to us. The opp obviously put you on 2 over cards, but not a pair.. which was the wrong read.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.