PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aj off on button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aj off on button

Very bad for me? The way I played this I feel stupid
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

AJo really doesn't dominate anything that could typically 3bet you, so folding pre is fine. Against typical 10NL players, folding pre is even better. It's player dependant. However, I think this is an obvious fold pre (although again, it's player dependant) when you look at your stack size. You cannot make loose calls when you're sitting on a half-stack. This is the kind of mistake I see all the time from shortstackers who don't understand the theory behind playing a short stack. They don't tighten their perception of what hands they can play big pots with, and they end up losing their stacks when they play a dominated hand and don't have room in their stack to defensibly fold.

On the flop, you're pretty much always way ahead or way behind. You really shouldn't jam the flop imo, because only better hands will ever call. Although it is pretty hard to fold top pair with an SPR of 2.

Comment

AJ, 3 handed to a 3-bet... I'm folding it preflop. You're either up against an A with a better kicker or a premium pair most likely.

On the flop, I agree with Panicky, that I don't like the push... because you're only going to get called by better hands.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.