PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another out of position hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another out of position hand

I planned to fold on the river if I saw a card like the one that came out but I dont know what I was thinking. Am I right that most of the time I should fold this hand in this spot preflop?
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

I think folding is more +EV than calling. And since folding has no EV whatsoever...

Comment

again I think without any reads, this is a fold pre flop, for the same reason I stated in your other post.
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

I think it's a fold preflop too.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

or a bet on the flop since you have OESD?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjekkkk View Post
            or a bet on the flop since you have OESD?
            This. Also you can fold flop most times.

You will be suprised how many players give up on this type of play. The flop looks like it could have missed him, and if he calls you know he almost always isn't drawing, so if you hit your draw you can extract value on the turn and river in a pot that you already inflated. If he calls you can re-evaluate on turn, and if you miss your draws and it comes a brick (pretty much anything that isnt a 8 9 A ), you can continue with the aggressive line to force hands like A8 and 44-77 to fold, inflating the pot more still for if you hit the nuts or find a J on the river and want to check it down for showdown value. Or something that might add to the value of your hand (J 10) would also give you more reason to fire again on the turn.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.