PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

qj suited in the small blind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qj suited in the small blind

I kind of felt that he had what he had. My question is should I have bet strong on the turn since I had a flush draw maybe he would think I had kq? Then after that bet strong again on the river to push him off the hand? Also I cant explain why I even bet on the river I planned to check fold but I dont know what I was thinking,.
    Last edited by pokerstar671; Tue Aug 09, 2011, 02:21 PM.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Take notes on this player. He bets less than half pot with top/top. Keep watching him and refine that read. It'll be useful.

I think aggressing the turn wouldn't be bad, although it might look like you're on a draw, which might get a call from the villain. If he's stationy, I'd refrain from bluffing completely. If he's TAG/nitty, then I kind of like a turn checkraise, because it looks strong and you're not afraid of giving a free card (since you're the one on a draw). The problem is that if you get called on the turn, it's very hard to barrel the river on a bluff because you're probably not getting the guy off of his pair by double-barrelling. And that's basically what he's going to have most of the time when he bet/calls the turn. This guy doesn't look like a folder from what little I can see, so bluffing might not be the best idea against him.

Comment

A turn bet may have helped, but even with it, you may not have gotten him off of his pair with A kicker.

I agree with Panicky that I'm making some notes about the opp from it though.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks umbup:
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.