PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resteal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resteal.

I'm playing a tourney and yamiloca steals from the button quite often. I have 25bb and decide to resteal shove. I didn't want to raise 3x and risk the chance of getting called and playing the hand out of position or get reraised all in, fold and have a 16 bb stack. This is a weird stack size to resteal with. I think I made a wrong decision restealing even though I won the hand because I had a good stack size and it wasn't worth risking 25bb to win 675. What is your approach in playing this hand?

Comment

I would do the same thing.
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think the resteal is fine so long as the guy knows how to fold. You might run into problems if he's opening 30% of hands here and only folds 20%. Ax is a nice blocker hand, and it's suited which makes it way better, but if the guy is calling you with any Ax hand himself, then you might be in a pickle.

Good resteal, though.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
          I think the resteal is fine so long as the guy knows how to fold. You might run into problems if he's opening 30% of hands here and only folds 20%. Ax is a nice blocker hand, and it's suited which makes it way better, but if the guy is calling you with any Ax hand himself, then you might be in a pickle. Good resteal, though.
          umbup: +1
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
            I think the resteal is fine so long as the guy knows how to fold. You might run into problems if he's opening 30% of hands here and only folds 20%. Ax is a nice blocker hand, and it's suited which makes it way better, but if the guy is calling you with any Ax hand himself, then you might be in a pickle.

Good resteal, though.
            +2
            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

But I have a 25bb stack, I don't think It's worth risking my stack to win 675 chips.

Comment

wouldn't you think a 3x 3,5x his bet would be enough to finish the hand? if not you still have the opportunity to fold

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.