PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlucky or poor play - Pocket A Beaten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlucky or poor play - Pocket A Beaten

I am a beginner so have posted this in beginner section as well for some advice

I have had pocket aces cracked on four occasions over the past two days playing 6 handed micro stakes NL game. It just happens to be that this has occurred on the last four times I have pocket aces.

I have bet heavily each time hence I have lost my stack on each occasion but I would be interested in some feedback as to how I can play these hands better. The last time I have included below and will put the same in the hand analysis part of the forum.

Table 'Altona VII' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: JDubyaTas ($9.28 in chips)
    Seat 2: Dav1dos ($11.98 in chips)
    Seat 3: TIOLAVARA67 ($4 in chips)
    Seat 4: VAVASTER ($28.11 in chips)
    Seat 5: BadBoy3030 ($19.24 in chips)
    Seat 6: IgorJan ($10 in chips)
    Dav1dos: posts small blind $0.05
    TIOLAVARA67: posts big blind $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to JDubyaTas [Ah As]
    VAVASTER: calls $0.10
    BadBoy3030: raises $0.30 to $0.40
    IgorJan: folds
    JDubyaTas: raises $1.10 to $1.50
    Dav1dos: folds
    TIOLAVARA67: folds
    VAVASTER: folds
    BadBoy3030: calls $1.10
    *** FLOP *** [Kh Th 7s]
    BadBoy3030: checks
    JDubyaTas: bets $3.09
    BadBoy3030: calls $3.09
    *** TURN *** [Kh Th 7s] [7h]
    BadBoy3030: checks
    JDubyaTas: bets $4.69 and is all-in
    BadBoy3030: calls $4.69
    *** RIVER *** [Kh Th 7s 7h] [8c]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    BadBoy3030: shows [Td Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Sevens)
    JDubyaTas: shows [Ah As] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
    BadBoy3030 collected $17.90 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $18.81 | Rake $0.91
    Board [Kh Th 7s 7h 8c]
    Seat 1: JDubyaTas (button) showed [Ah As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
    Seat 2: Dav1dos (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: TIOLAVARA67 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: VAVASTER folded before Flop
    Seat 5: BadBoy3030 showed [Td Tc] and won ($17.90) with a full house, Tens full of Sevens
    Seat 6: IgorJan folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Read more: Unlucky or Poor Play - Pocket AA Beaten - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1TXy0czbH

That IS unlucky.. but... you pushed with a flush draw and a pair on the board. That means that your AA can be drawn out on, or is already beat to those (let alone a set).

Yes, you should bet your AA, but pushing without knowing that you have the best hand will get you in trouble more often than not.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Preflop play is solid. Post flop with an spr under 3 this is easily going to be profitable to commit and play for stacks against all but the nittiest of opponents. The turn doesn't change that for me, we still should have good equity against villains range.

The only real question imo is how to best get the money in to maximize value. Without any villain reads, given the action sequence only I think your line was perfectly fine.

No problem on this one, well played.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
        The turn doesn't change that for me, we still should have good equity against villains range

I ran your equity vs. a range of KK, TT, QhQx, AhQh, and AK, which is a reasonable range estimate I think given no reads and the action sequence. You're still a 60-40 favorite over that range:

Board: Kh Th 7s 7h
        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
        Hand 0: 59.162% 56.68% 02.49% 399 17.50 { AhAs }
        Hand 1: 40.838% 38.35% 02.49% 270 17.50 { KK+, QcQh, QdQh, QhQs, TT, AKs, AhQh, AKo }
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

Comment

Wow I was tired when I ran that equity. AhQh can't be in his range. Fortunately, that's accounted for in Pokerstove so the equity remains the same. I also included AA in his range... although there's only 1 card combo of AA it's not impossible, so that was intentional. We have good equity vs the other AA actually (we will always split or win the whole thing).
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.