PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK early position with great flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK early position with great flop

Should I be showing any reserve here at all , ever ?
    Last edited by JARGON1977; Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:49 PM.

Bets preflop and on the flop are fine. On the turn, I'd have led out with a bit more, but your amount is ok too.

The raise on the turn, however, throws up a warning flag to me. The only hands that should be doing that are 77, 55, AK, or diamond draw/bluff (but diamond draw should be flatting most of the time, to try and hit it).
    Instead of pushing back, I'd have just flatted their raise and re-evaluated after the river.
    If so, the third diamond on the river would have saved me those last chips, becuase the only thing you can beat is a total bluff or worse K (or chop with AK). I also wouldn't put them on a worse K, because other than possibly KQs, they shouldn't be calling you preflop.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I dont see you gettting away from this hand period, thers no way your folding the turn so imo you played the hand well i dont see anything you could change really not for 100bb no way ever

unlkucky

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.