PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small stack shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small stack shove

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=AB4BEE4F06

Hello ,

Please tell me what you think of this play - long term I feel it is correct , I would appreciate your feedback .

Thankyou .

PSO or cash game?

If a cash game, then I like the shove after the others limped. You could limp too, but I think either shoving or folding would be a better play. A shove adds to fold equity and is in your favor.

PSO, however, I don't like it as much. The reasoning is that it's still relatively early and you'll get a negative league result from it. Until you get into positive points territory, you don't want to be going all-in without at least a made hand, if not the nuts. Yes, there are alot of chips in the pot, but basically any hand that will call your all-in will be ahead of you. The number of chips you can win won't balance out the risk of the negative league points.
    The first goal in any PSO game is to avoid negative points if at all possible, then to get ITM. Pushing when you most likely don't have the best hand will get you into too much trouble.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It was a 25c 45 man sitngo . I thought I did something right with it . Of course I would not do such a thing in the PSO leagues but , in the SnG I expected everyone may fold - unlucky I suppose .

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.