PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem KhKc vs JsJh.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem KhKc vs JsJh.

Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem. KhKc vs JsJh.

Watch video here.

Would you have acted the same way? What would you have done differently? Share your thoughts and feedback via this forum discussion about this hand.

Thank you to PanickyPoker for suggesting this hand.

Regards
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:29 PM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Anyone else having trouble getting the video to open? It shows two http's in the addy...maybe that's the problem?

Comment

Yup page not found for me either Dan!

TC

Comment

Link working now

Hi Dan
        Yes you were correct too many http's.

All ok now

Enjoy and regards
        Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Comment

Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
          Hi Dan Yes you were correct too many http's. All ok now Enjoy and regards
          umbup: I think Doyle played it terrible. Good read by Joe to sense that Phil was scared of the Ace.

Comment

I'm curious why Galfond called the flop if he was going to fold to a half-pot bet when the turn bricked. Is Hachem ever slowing down on the turn after 3betting the flop? A half-pot bet might as well be a check, imo. I'm nowhere near thinking on their level though.

Comment

I didn't like the 1/2 pot bet on the flop and I think that's what Hachem picked up on.. screams weakness to me (granted I have no reads on them from earlier in the game, which I assume they DID have).
              If Galfond makes a pot bet on the flop, I don't think he'd have been in that situation.... he'd have had a similar number of chips in it, but would have the lead in the hand, instead of being 2nd to act. Also, by calling the raise on the flop, I think he needed to bet the turn instead of letting Hachem control the pot. Yes, his KK may be behind, but at least it would make Joe think twice about it.
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

galfond played that KK on an A hi flop like i would in the micro 6-max tables i play. i mean, this is such high level poker, and galfond played scared on both flop and turn

Comment

Originally posted by ketchup143 View Post
                  i mean, this is such high level poker, and galfond played scared on both flop and turn
                  This is ridiculously far from the truth. Galfond is one of the most deep-thinking players in the world today. I don't know why he did what he did, but the small bet could easily have been to induce a bluff from Hachem.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.