PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was i correct to play it this way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was i correct to play it this way

i know when i reraised him i should have go all in but i missclicked that one. but more times i look at this replay more i think i shouldnt go that far with hand i had. let me know please how bad was it

This was a bad beat.

Consider checking preflop if the villain is a calling station, since you're going to play out of position for the rest of the hand and he's not going to let you steal when you whiff. Also, bet bigger on the turn. Getting it in with your hand in this big of a pot is just fine.

Comment

I agree with Panicky. If the opp is a calling station, then I think it's better to check preflop.
      If a calling station, I'd also bet more on the flop (pot sized bet at least, and if they are a calling station, I'd really consider even pushing the flop... but I'd only do that in a $$ mtt, not a PSO where you would get a big negative number if you lose the hand).

Bottom line though... it's a bad beat.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

IMO bet folding the turn is fine.....

Your bet sizing probably needs to adjust and start making small bets post flop, betting big OOP leaves too much room for error and ultimately commiting urself by 4th street :/ such a common mistake in lots of peoples game imo

but yeh unlucky

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.