PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Hands #16 - Behind the Poker Face - Week 3, Hand 5, Greenstein vs Cada.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Hands #16 - Behind the Poker Face - Week 3, Hand 5, Greenstein vs Cada.

Great Hands #16 - Behind the Poker Face - Week 3, Hand 54 - Greenstein vs Cada. QdJd vs KdKc

Watch video here.

Would you have acted the same way? What would you have done differently? Share your thoughts and feedback via this forum discussion about this hand.

Regards
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:06 PM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

I agree with Barry's commentary after the hand was over. His thought process makes perfect sense the whole way through the hand. I was really surprised that Cada didn't raise the flop because when 3 un-suited unders hit the board, I wouldn't want someone drawing at a straight without paying for it...... or at least make some sort of bet on the turn to not give Barry the lead in the hand. If there was an A on the board, I could understand the check, but not with all unders.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

actually I would love to hear joes thought process during this hand. ie: why he didn't raise on the flop and take the lead in the hand, and if he was floating, why not on the turn bet with that board texture. what was he putting barry on that he should be folding in that spot?
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
        actually I would love to hear joes thought process during this hand. ie: why he didn't raise on the flop and take the lead in the hand, and if he was floating, why not on the turn bet with that board texture. what was he putting barry on that he should be folding in that spot?
        He had to put him on J 10, AA or a set.... at least that's all I can think of. My guess is that he put him on J 10 suited.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          He had to put him on J 10, AA or a set.... at least that's all I can think of. My guess is that he put him on J 10 suited.
          Boy thats a pretty "frogs azz" read being that he "barry" was button raising imo

Comment

I hate this hand. Barry should be getting away from Hawaii (QJ is called that because you can afford a vacation there on the money you lose with it) on the pot 3bet from the BB.
            Then, Joe should have bet pot on the flop imo ..it will easily let him know if he's beat on the flop. I didn't see what Joe's stack was, but Barry's is such that a pot bet here will get him to fold or shove. Barry will put him on KK or AA then and will likely fold.
            Without seeing the river, I think Joe missed out on knocking Barry out here.
            Barry's reasoning on the play is right on though. Can't blame him for Joe's mistake.

Comment

I too think barry played the hand well (considering how joe played it) I just think joe missed alot of value the way HE played that

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.