PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4TH Hand of PSO Tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4TH Hand of PSO Tourney

I believe my actions in this hand secured my 502 finish in a 10K field This was the 4th hand dealt to me After some delibiration I acted in my best interests I think

Indeed Spike and so glad to see that you are doing so well in the League. Keep it up man!!!

And I might add that a top 300 finish in a field of 10,000 at the beginning of the month was worth around 60 points, and yet for anyone in the top 50 a similar finish is still worth 44 points at this moment in time. Anyone's talk of a throttle, or a choke, is really misguided!! Just keep finishing in the top 500 Spike as I know that you are more than capable of doing.

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
      Indeed Spike and so glad to see that you are doing so well in the League. Keep it up man!!!

And I might add that a top 300 finish in a field of 10,000 at the beginning of the month was worth around 60 points, and yet for anyone in the top 50 a similar finish is still worth 44 points at this moment in time. Anyone's talk of a throttle, or a choke, is really misguided!! Just keep finishing in the top 500 Spike as I know that you are more than capable of doing.

Cheers,

TC
      I'll keep trying

Thanks TC

Comment

since the 4th hand and you're playing bingo... I agree that you made the right move by folding. Way too costly if you lose it, compared to the gain.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

That's Smooth Spike - but not as good as your position - i had a smile on my face when i saw u had knocked dirty sanchez off his perch lol - NOW GET THIS - PSO 18:00 kicks off last night - i'm at the toilet taking a leak - walk back in to the conservatory and my housemate tells me i have got kings !!!! But i'm timed out !!! The lying twodge !!!! i had 6 8 !!!! lol.
          So the 2nd hand of the tourney comes up !!! guess what - he has the gift !!!! i catch KK !!!!!
          So 2 *****rs go all in b4 me !!
          AND GUESS WHAT ???
          The first time i have ever folded KINGS !!!! - U must be now thinking you idiot !!!
          now i can't rememer what 1 of the maniacs had - but the 1 who counts had...........No not AA - nope wrong again not AK - nope not QQ - yep u got it !!! 10 6 - Be afraid !!!
          You can guess the flop - all my housemate said was he woud'nt have done what i did but nice fold.
          In case your wondering - the flop came 10 2 6 - no K on the turn or river - Madness.
          My Advice - unless you feel like u really need to bet...................
          Play a game of PATIENCE for the first hour.
          Spike best of luck m8. B
          P.S if u or TopCat tell any1 i folded Kings i'm sending the boys round !!!! lol - Even in Germany TC !!! lol.

Comment

Keep folding guys; we may just be learning to play poker LOL

Comment

GOOD JOB OF LOOKING AT THE MO. AND NOT THE DAY umbup:umbup:
              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

These "big folds" are pretty weak in normal MTT play (except maybe Spikes, because a RACE for stacks is a bit too early for his QQ, and what he is probably facing versus 2 players). The KK hand, I'm really not sure I'm folding that so early with only 2 in...

In LEAGUE PLAY, with cumulative scoring, and the hugely negative effect of an early out really damaging because that early out requires MULTIPLE good runs to off-set...then these are SMART MOVES!

Bravo to all those who recognize the difference, and keep it up. Chances are you'll end up ITM for the league pay outs month after month.
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by spike8998 View Post
                  I'll keep trying

Thanks TC
                  thats a good fold spike thats why your on top off the leader board
                  3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Brizer73 View Post
                    That's Smooth Spike - but not as good as your position - i had a smile on my face when i saw u had knocked dirty sanchez off his perch lol - NOW GET THIS - PSO 18:00 kicks off last night - i'm at the toilet taking a leak - walk back in to the conservatory and my housemate tells me i have got kings !!!! But i'm timed out !!! The lying twodge !!!! i had 6 8 !!!! lol.
                    So the 2nd hand of the tourney comes up !!! guess what - he has the gift !!!! i catch KK !!!!!
                    So 2 *****rs go all in b4 me !!
                    AND GUESS WHAT ???
                    The first time i have ever folded KINGS !!!! - U must be now thinking you idiot !!!
                    now i can't rememer what 1 of the maniacs had - but the 1 who counts had...........No not AA - nope wrong again not AK - nope not QQ - yep u got it !!! 10 6 - Be afraid !!!
                    You can guess the flop - all my housemate said was he woud'nt have done what i did but nice fold.
                    In case your wondering - the flop came 10 2 6 - no K on the turn or river - Madness.
                    My Advice - unless you feel like u really need to bet...................
                    Play a game of PATIENCE for the first hour.
                    Spike best of luck m8. B
                    P.S if u or TopCat tell any1 i folded Kings i'm sending the boys round !!!! lol - Even in Germany TC !!! lol.
                    thats a good fold to,you want your pairs to heads up because if any more people get involved then your kings lose value
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well played w/ a raise and a 3bet in front so early and sorry about that suckout last night.... I REALLY thought you were bluffin at it...lol to catch my 3 outer on the river was just sad! and like sand commented that was very remmenisent of pso early. quite the flawed thought process < shrugs . keep up the good work. stack em high! MT
                      Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Jul 11, 2011, 04:28 PM.
                      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

watttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt t

man o man o man, what was your reason for folding??? what that he had AA KK? or you actually wanted to avoid flip situations putting him on AK? lol Remember, if you want to avoid flip situations that implies your going to sit there and wait for KK and AA then try get people to stack off to you OR your post flop play is godlike and youl win a ton of chips from people by being super active...........both of these are obviously wrong implications and far fetched in general

In tournys its simple, "Win your flips" to win tournys you just goda win your flips that said....QQ is wayyyy too strong of a hand to lay down in this tournament! your going to get called by worse alot and even AJ AQ hands will stack off here.................

man please dont fold that anymore lol goodluck
                        Last edited by Oku_Ha_FooLs; Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oku_Ha_FooLs View Post
                          watttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt t

man o man o man, what was your reason for folding??? what that he had AA KK? or you actually wanted to avoid flip situations putting him on AK? lol Remember, if you want to avoid flip situations that implies your going to sit there and wait for KK and AA then try get people to stack off to you OR your post flop play is godlike and youl win a ton of chips from people by being super active...........both of these are obviously wrong implications and far fetched in general

In tournys its simple, "Win your flips" to win tournys you just goda win your flips that said....QQ is wayyyy too strong of a hand to lay down in this tournament! your going to get called by worse alot and even AJ AQ hands will stack off here.................

man please dont fold that anymore lol goodluck

Oku you're missing the key part of the puzzle here... PSO TOURNEY,lol.

PSO you have to check all prior poker savvy and your balls at the door to "play" right.

Think of it like this as it IS the reality of PSO...

It's a series of satellite tournaments that are all inter-connected with each other by a monthly leaderboard. The absolute worst thing you can ever do in a PSO is bomb out in the first 50% of the field as it will typically take you 2 to 2 1/2 good results to recoup the points.

Standard cash MTT/SNG and yeah,coming off this hand becomes a dicier proposition for sure. Me,unless I have notes indicating that either of the 2 raisers are very possibly holding AA or KK then yeah,I'm probably taking my chances. If I rail,I rail.

PSO though the fold is 100% the correct play IMO. When we Yanks could still play the drop dead one hand I NEVER wanted to see before first break in PSO was QQ because I knew it was going in the muck pre-flop 90% of the time and I was going to feel like I needed to take a shower afterwards.

Comment

OOkayyyy then well il just c how i fare in this PSO ive only been at it for several days and already made 4000th if that means anything, wish i woulda known bout the league earlier lol]

Owell goodluck all

Comment

Originally posted by Oku_Ha_FooLs View Post
                              OOkayyyy then well il just c how i fare in this PSO ive only been at it for several days and already made 4000th if that means anything, wish i woulda known bout the league earlier lol]

Owell goodluck all

NO THAT'S NOT VERY GOOD
                              YOUR ONLY MAKING 13 POINTS PER GAME PLAYED
                              AND AS YOU GO UP IT GETS HARDER TO GET POINTS
                              SO FROM SOMEBODY THAT IS CALLING OTHER PEOPLES PLAYS BAD IT'S REAL BAD

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.