PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did I blow it????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did I blow it????

first how do I post a replay of my hand?

The replay would be nice but this will do:

PokerStars Game #64327747366: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2011/07/09 6:05:28 ET
    Table 'Suevia III' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 2: rotlichthary ($1.69 in chips)
    Seat 3: darlingbeibe ($7.36 in chips)
    Seat 4: Odin302 ($1.93 in chips)
    Seat 5: WildYetty ($3.06 in chips)
    Seat 6: cajabaja ($0.88 in chips)
    Seat 8: SnakeUkr ($0.84 in chips)
    Seat 9: PsyB69 ($2 in chips)
    Kukucs Norbi will be allowed to play after the button
    SnakeUkr: posts small blind $0.01
    PsyB69: posts big blind $0.02
    pokeroky2011: sits out
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to WildYetty [Qh As]
    rotlichthary: calls $0.02
    darlingbeibe: calls $0.02
    Odin302: folds
    WildYetty: raises $0.10 to $0.12
    cajabaja: folds
    SnakeUkr: folds
    PsyB69: folds
    rotlichthary: calls $0.10
    darlingbeibe: calls $0.10
    *** FLOP *** [Jh Td 8d]
    rotlichthary: checks
    darlingbeibe: checks
    WildYetty: bets $0.30
    rotlichthary: calls $0.30
    darlingbeibe: folds
    *** TURN *** [Jh Td 8d] [9h]
    rotlichthary: checks
    WildYetty: bets $1.02
    rotlichthary: raises $0.25 to $1.27 and is all-in
    WildYetty: calls $0.25
    *** RIVER *** [Jh Td 8d 9h] [3d]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    rotlichthary: shows [Kd 5d] (a flush, King high)
    WildYetty: shows [Qh As] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
    rotlichthary collected $3.36 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $3.53 | Rake $0.17
    Board [Jh Td 8d 9h 3d]
    Seat 2: rotlichthary showed [Kd 5d] and won ($3.36) with a flush, King high
    Seat 3: darlingbeibe folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: Odin302 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: WildYetty showed [Qh As] and lost with a straight, Eight to Queen
    Seat 6: cajabaja (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: SnakeUkr (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 9: PsyB69 (big blind) folded before Flop

Did I really play this that bad?

**** the so-called winner left the table right after the hand (jack a***)
    Last edited by WildYetty; Sat Jul 09, 2011, 02:02 PM.

Hey Yetty. You should put posts like this in the hand analysis under Education, were you will get a response from players there who analyse hands. And my thought is after the flop you was betting a straight draw against a possible flush draw and as the flush draw beats your straight then you should throw caution to the wind, try and keep the pot small in the future unless you have the nuts out there. remember a little win is better than a big loss. umbup:

Comment

Don't think u played that bad and its him making THE bad call. Sorry for u hè got 2 diamonds wich made him stick. Therfore u have to keep in mind that u are beat when hè is on flush hunt and hits. But i know your feeling

Comment

You failed to take stack sizes into account when you made this play. That was your mistake. You bluffed the flop, then bluffed the turn, which might be fine if the other guy had more money to lose. Since he had an easy decision to shove on the turn and you couldn't fold, you should have expected the raise. You basically decided on the turn that ace-high would be good enough to show down, which it normally shouldn't be. Try not to bluff short stacks too hard. Also, consider toning down the c-betting in multi-way pots. It's not profitable to habitually c-bet into three or more players on the flop, although you can do it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
          You failed to take stack sizes into account when you made this play. That was your mistake. You bluffed the flop, then bluffed the turn, which might be fine if the other guy had more money to lose. Since he had an easy decision to shove on the turn and you couldn't fold, you should have expected the raise. You basically decided on the turn that ace-high would be good enough to show down, which it normally shouldn't be. Try not to bluff short stacks too hard. Also, consider toning down the c-betting in multi-way pots. It's not profitable to habitually c-bet into three or more players on the flop, although you can do it sometimes.

he didn't bluff the turn

Cbet on flop was fine I guess, though pretty wet board and you are not getting many off their hands at this limit.
          Turn looks pretty standard, making him pay to chase. Your equity was 75% so you're loving getting the money in all freeking day in this spot.

Remember, never focus on immediate results, but rather on how well you played it and whether it will be profitable long term. Getting your money in on this turn will definitely be profitable long term.

Sometimes you blow the hand away, sometimes it blows you
          Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Sat Jul 09, 2011, 04:53 PM.
          You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Against someone you don't have extremely specific reads on, you're absolutely wrong, Da Sens. I'll give you a minute to figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
              Against someone you don't have extremely specific reads on, you're absolutely wrong, Da Sens. I'll give you a minute to figure out why.

If you're not attempting value / pricing draws on a straight like this in 2NL, fearing the K-Q then you are just a nit. Please explain yourself pp, I'll give you a minute to elaborate.
              You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Darn it, you're right. nm

Enjoy your poker. Listen to Da Sens. He beats me at thinking.

Comment

lol :P

Comment

LOL... Thx for pointers guys.

Comment

Comment

lol this post made me realize how spoiled I have become with all the hand re-players out there. Analysing a hand using the old-school hand history method makes my brain hurt now.

Gj spike - You're still a ..... wait can't insult you properly here

Comment

** Moved **

Comment

played the hand fine, unlucky result

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.