PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the right play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the right play?

was this wrong?

No.

With that much of your stack posted in the SB, any K, any A, any PP, any hand that is connected or suited is reason enough to play. The only thing you must realize is that you will be laying over 2 to 1 for the BB to call, so you MUST assume he will call you pretty widely here.

The fact he "woke up" with QQ is moot; your decisions were pretty much over when it folded to you in the SB.

If he cries about it, then it is HIS problem of not knowing that your choice was sound.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'd say that you did nothing bad. Your down to 2 and a bit BB, not counting small blinds and antes, so your definately looking to shove with any decent hand. I personally would of waited for an Ax, but Kx can work just as well, as this hand proves, and you got a big boost in the process.umbup:
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Assuming he calls you 100%, you will be putting 820 into a pot that eventually will have 2490 chips. You need to win this pot 33% of the time. There's not much that won't win against a random hand 33% of the time. Give me anything other than offsuit 53, 43, 72, 62, 52, 42, 32 (32 suited is terrible as well), and a shove is actually +EV! I probably wouldn't shove quite that wide, but 90% is pretty reasonable.

And his waking up with QQ is just as "lucky" as your winning with K7...actually far more so.
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.