PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what could i do diff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what could i do diff

Transcript for your last 1 games requested by BARRYDOGG378 (barryjulian18@yahoo.co.nz)

*********** # 1 **************
    PokerStars Game #63817269510: Tournament #397948292, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level X (300/600) - 2011/06/27 6:45:23 NZT [2011/06/26 14:45:23 ET]
    Table '397948292 49' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
    Seat 1: BARRYDOGG378 (960 in chips)
    Seat 2: jel-mil (1475 in chips)
    Seat 3: HanJackaL (13007 in chips)
    Seat 4: grinderbeast (3445 in chips)
    Seat 5: theschworz (3285 in chips)
    Seat 6: palace80 (3965 in chips)
    Seat 7: Stevie Duncs (8250 in chips)
    Seat 8: ChiltonMafia (3552 in chips)
    Seat 9: Tynna (3035 in chips)
    BARRYDOGG378: posts the ante 50
    jel-mil: posts the ante 50
    HanJackaL: posts the ante 50
    grinderbeast: posts the ante 50
    theschworz: posts the ante 50
    palace80: posts the ante 50
    Stevie Duncs: posts the ante 50
    ChiltonMafia: posts the ante 50
    Tynna: posts the ante 50
    BARRYDOGG378: posts small blind 300
    jel-mil: posts big blind 600
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to BARRYDOGG378 [Ks 9d]
    HanJackaL: folds
    grinderbeast: folds
    theschworz has timed out while disconnected
    theschworz: folds
    theschworz is sitting out
    palace80: folds
    Stevie Duncs: folds
    ChiltonMafia: folds
    Tynna: folds
    BARRYDOGG378: raises 310 to 910 and is all-in
    jel-mil: calls 310
    *** FLOP *** [9s 2s 6d]
    *** TURN *** [9s 2s 6d] [Ah]
    *** RIVER *** [9s 2s 6d Ah] [Jh]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    BARRYDOGG378: shows [Ks 9d] (a pair of Nines)
    jel-mil: shows [Qh Jc] (a pair of Jacks)
    jel-mil collected 2270 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2270 | Rake 0
    Board [9s 2s 6d Ah Jh]
    Seat 1: BARRYDOGG378 (small blind) showed [Ks 9d] and lost with a pair of Nines
    Seat 2: jel-mil (big blind) showed [Qh Jc] and won (2270) with a pair of Jacks
    Seat 3: HanJackaL folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: grinderbeast folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: theschworz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: palace80 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: Stevie Duncs folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: ChiltonMafia folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: Tynna (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

If you have any questions, please contact us at "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>
    Last edited by BARRYDOGG378; Wed Jun 29, 2011, 12:13 AM. Reason: can you please delete this post,my email appeared sorry

folding is always an option? just my opinion

Comment

Cheers

Thank for your opinion my friend,was short stacked tho,and got my chips in good i feel,i am aye learner tho,so thks very much,for your comments

Comment

short stacked all in or fold... if this was a pso game, time out then fold and wait for a better hand..

Comment

Why do you only have 960 chips? (before posting) Did you lose a hand or have you just been blinding out?

Folding here is not an option. The BB should be calling you 100% and you're well ahead of a random hand. Hopefully you win. If you fold you have less than 1 BB and can basically last one orbit before blinding out. Even if you double up in one of the next few hands you're still in pretty bad shape. This is likely the best opportunity you are going to see for a while as it is absolutely 100% of the time ALWAYS +EV to get your last few chips in here.

My question is, what happened the hand before this when you were in the BB and the hand before that when you were UTG? You should have been getting it in really wide on at least one of your previous two hands. In fact your entire last 11 hands... On this stack size, at this point in a tournament (PSO or any) there is little excuse for not pushing at least once in the last orbit. You should even be trying to find a spot to call a shove light that you expect to go heads up between you and the jammer. Almost any heads-up pot should be +EV for you to be in unless the shipper is a super nit and only jamming big pairs.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pretty much what Roomik says,you have to fold or shove like you did.
            Players will usually call you with any two cards in this spot unless they are shortstacked as well.

Its shove for me almost always.

Comment

Cheers

yous are right,usually,would of waiting like yous said,was shortest stack,so even if i had won,my opponent,wouldnt of been railed,easy call for him in hindsite,dogg gone it,DOGG GONE

Comment

Yes easy call for him but you both played the hand perfectly.
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

To short,never

ON 4 occasions this month been down to 400 chips,and fought back to,make the money,so i dont just shove when under 1000 chips,im aye better player than that,was down to 45 chips in 1 tourney this month,with 200 player to go till $,and made the money

Comment

It's not that you're under 1000 chips. It's that you're down to 1 BB after posting the SB!

I've had some sick comebacks from under 100 chips with the blinds still at 15/30 too. Congrats on the 45 chip thing.
                    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers

my friend,ty very much for your comments,much appreciated,thanks for the hand to try and improve my game,all comments accepted and recorded,thks all for input,yous all rock,DOGG GONE

Comment

K9 sucks, but when you've got 1/3rd your chips posted in the BB and it folds to you, that is plenty to jam.

after that, it is all down to luck.
                        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.