PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first royal flush :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first royal flush :)

I just have to share this, my first royal flush and against an opponent who has AA and hits a full house.....how nice

I don't like the way you played it on basically any street... but nice hand

Comment

Originally posted by jf70 View Post
      Sorry but if you're so smart, why don't you explain how you would of played it. Such a comment without a valid explanation is worthless

So do explain

Comment

I liked the check on the flop. It gives you a free card to try and hit a flush. I understand his check too... as he wants to keep you in when he had the best hand. He's hoping you hit a flush..... but wasn't expecting the royal.

You were able to get him to stack off in the end with the worst hand. Good job!
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Checking the flop is fine as it allows the preflop raiser to continue his aggression. You can checkraise or check-call here as you generally have so much equity in the hand.

Turn card is gin obviously. Don't like the check-call here at all. I'd mash the bet pot button. His bet of 10 cents into a $1 pot should tell you something....HE THINKS HE HAS THE NUTS. You could probably ship it here and get called. On the river I would definitely just shove. No reason to try to get in 3 separate bets and narrow anyone's range. You risk serious value against a lot hands that will just call by doing that.

Nice hand.
          Last edited by oriholic; Thu Jun 23, 2011, 03:55 AM.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by jf70 View Post
            Turn and River were well played. But those are the easiest streets in this hand.

Hard to see without reads on the opponent's 3Bet range to say whether the pre-flop call was good or not. The Flop check was fine in most spots (nut flush), but in THIS spot you were drawing dead to 1 out; that makes the check great. Good thing you didn't bet it...

Personally, I do not like putting a ton in with a flush draw on a paired board, but then he (the villain) made it very cheap (infinately so) for you to hit the royal flush. You spiked the 1 outer that killed his boat...

Good for you. Those are rare, but so sweet when they happen.
            Last edited by JDean; Thu Jun 23, 2011, 03:53 AM.
            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Classic example of slow playing what looks like the nuts - till the turn hits.

Nice hand - congrats!!
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Fun hand unha - congrats!!!

Thx for sharing!

Comment

On that board, obviously aces aren't the nuts. Pocket jacks are. And for him to check that flop was a sweet deal for you! I agre that on the river you prob dont want to raise small and give him a chance to just call. there's a ton of hands possible that will be willing to stack off here so just get the chips in. and congrats on ur first one! Stack em high! MT
                  May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.