PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.01/.02 nl 6 handed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .01/.02 nl 6 handed

I need help im not sure about how im supposed to be betting when this happens. What would be the correct amounts to bet before the flop and after the flop? Is there a better way I could have played this to make more money?
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

only thing you maybe could have done was to raise to 24 cents preflop.... but they may fold then, if you do.

If you get a hand and your opp doesn't... not much else you can do.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      only thing you maybe could have done was to raise to 24 cents preflop.... but they may fold then, if you do.

If you get a hand and your opp doesn't... not much else you can do.
      agreed...everything was standard

Comment

The standard 3x reraise preflop is 24 cents, I usually go 3x the original raiser with a value hand like KK. But I make adjustments for what kind of player I'm up against, If he is a looser player who calls to much raise more to something like 30 cents, If he is tighter I might make a slightly smaller raise to 20 cents to encourage him to play.

Comment

Ok thank you guys so I also think I should have made it to .24c because the guy wasnt playing any hands and finally he raised. Im pretty sure he would have called. So if raised to .24c and he called what would be the normal bet after the flop?
          2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree with adjusting based on stats or reads, and the OP has given us nothing.

In a vacuum, 3b more in this spot. Standard is .24c (3x) but we should bet more here for value (maybe .30-.35 is good) because:

1) We're going to have to play post flop out of position if we get called, so charge the villain a premium to play the pot in position on you.

2) A random 2NL player will call too loosely, so we exploit that be extracting extra value with the larger raise sizing.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by pokerstar671 View Post
              Ok thank you guys so I also think I should have made it to .24c because the guy wasnt playing any hands and finally he raised. Im pretty sure he would have called. So if raised to .24c and he called what would be the normal bet after the flop?

My standard c-bet would be between half and 2/3rds of the pot, generally vs. an unknown this is a good range for value.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.