PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysis please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysis please

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Havoc, can you please start titling your posts something relevant to the hand? "Analysis please" is kind of pointless as that is what every thread in the forum is.

As for the hand, while i think making a 10x raise like that is retarded most of the time, if you'll get called by that trash, sure, go for it. Mega value raise, haha. On the flop there's nothing you can do. You only have a potsize bet left.

If you had made a normal raise like 200 preflop you could have gotten away on the flop, or if you ship it pre you probably still get called by that fish with AQ.

Do you not have any reads? Or is this just a bad beat post? You got unlucky, it happens.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

??

just try and shake that off - man- the Q2 guy was at my table this mornin and well... i dont want to get a forum ban-- that being said-- at 25/50-- 500 is a huge overbet- has no value whatsoever- even tho u prob going broke anyway cause of the fool- still dont raise so much early in the tourney- try to keep pot sizes relative to the blinds- in the pso----------- gl- monk..

Comment

Oriholic: No, Didn't have any serious reads, as everyone but the winner folded before showdown.

As for the "analysis please" I'll be more specific: what I really wanted to know is did I overdo the bets, specifically the all in bet, and was this a good way of playing AA, and what's the best.

Shoved largely to force anyone out who might have any shot of a better hand, and if not hopefully get as much out of anyone who might of hit the queen.
        'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

havocofsmeg,

Please read http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To

Comment

You played perfectly postflop. You only had a potsize bet left and have no choice but to shove. It's the preflop raise that I didn't like.

Reads aren't limited to the cards you see. If you notice someone limping into every hand, that's a read. If you notice someone calling any raise preflop all the time, that's a read. If you notice someone hasn't played a single hand up to this point, that's a read.
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thing is, and this is not unique to Pokerstars, but AA is frequently beaten by crap online.
              Not somethng I see that often during live games.

Comment

Proud, welcome to the pso and the forum. umbup: By all means, the PSO encourages all discussion in the forum. But, this isn't something we want to get into here in this thread. "Rigging" as it were...has it's own place in the general forum. You can start a new topic thread there on the subject...but expect to hear what you may not wish to. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                  Proud, welcome to the pso and the forum. umbup: By all means, the PSO encourages all discussion in the forum. But, this isn't something we want to get into here in this thread. "Rigging" as it were...has it's own place in the general forum. You can start a new topic thread there on the subject...but expect to hear what you may not wish to. Just sayin'.
                  You mean the truth? umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.