PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two pair strong for shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two pair strong for shove?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=2A0D70A191

me personally imho, i fold here everytime, unless Iam BB,
    on flop though although hard to get away from I put 1 of those 3 opponents on 7-8, 8-Q, Q-K so I would of insta folded to any bet, just my 2 cents...

Comment

For that hand, it's way, way too early in a tourney to shove without knowing you have the best hand. Honestly, J 10 off should be an auto-muck preflop that early, as all it can do is to get you in trouble... because people will be staying in against you with any 2 cards.

With that flop, if I was in the hand, I'd have just called and mucked to a shove or re-raise. There could already be a made straight, or at least a draw to a straight, and also a flush draw, let alone someone having a set. If you can see the other two cards cheap and another club nor K/Q/8/7 do not show up on the turn nor river, then you can make a bet (still wouldn't shove, as KQ is a hand alot of people at that level will play preflop).

The best thing you can do is to muck that hand preflop, unless you have less than 10BB (if a PSO game, I'd muck it with even less chips).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.