PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do u think ? (sleepyolman)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do u think ? (sleepyolman)

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Checking preflop is fine, I think. I would have shoved right away on the flop, though. When you check here, you're risking getting no action and you're letting hands like club draws take the option to see a free turn. Also, when you checkraise the flop, you're pricing people in to call, so you're not profiting much from the mistakes of your opponents. Shoving on the flop keeps things simple and straightforward, and it's definitely not a losing play. I think that usually, if there's a straightforward approach and a tricky approach, and both are profitable, its usually the straightforward one that will win you the most chips long-term.

Comment

thanks

well, i wanted to sniff out a possible stronger hand b4 i was in too deep as i still could have folded and gone further in the tourny and lost less points OR, gone to itm
      As no one bet more than 200, i figured i was good to go and shipped.
      Will try the direct approach more in the future(maybe)

Comment

Super snap shove flop. You have two pair and 4 BBs. Can't hope for a better spot than that.
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

/// 7 words- never go broke on an unraised pot- yet imma goin broke here as well-- gl sleepy-- ya grumpyolman--umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.