PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this a bad call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this a bad call?

I was in the bb and heres what happened
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

No but it was a bad river bet. You should have bet at least 400 if you're going to bet the 2nd nuts. When he raises you can't fold as he could be unintentionally value-bluffing a hand like 555 or be a chop. You're only losing to 78 and there's only one 78 that he should have in his range (78 spades). He has hands like 57, 67, 47 plenty here as well and given all the money in the pot this call has to be +EV. His check-raise is pretty strong, but I think he has 57 or 67 here too much to fold.

I think you should have bet about 200 on the flop. Yeah, multi-way pot blah blah, but there are a lot of hands you'd like to charge/get out of there. Since you waited for the turn, I think it still should have been more. You want to charge draws as well as build the pot for your strong draw (pair + gutshot). Bet 200-250 here I think. On the river bet around 3/4 pot for value. If raised you still have an auto-call I think.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

With hitting top pair on the flop, even with a bad kicker, you need to bet the flop... if nothing else, to see where you're at in the hand.

Liked the turn bet, but would be better if it was a 2nd bullet from betting the flop, instead of only betting the turn.

I'd have bet more leading out on the river, but with the 2nd nuts.... you gotta call it (or at least I would).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok guys thanks for the input. I feel that I should have bet the flop thanksumbup:
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.