PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.10 facebook tourny kk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .10 facebook tourny kk

Just wondering if I played this right. I had kk on the button . How would you guys play this? I was worried when he bet after the flop maybe he hit a straight with suited connectors. Was my raise preflop to small usually I would make it closer to 200 chips with that many limpers but I was kind of worried that an ace might hit on the flop.
    Last edited by pokerstar671; Thu Jun 09, 2011, 03:29 PM.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Raise more pre. Raise flop. He can call you with a lot worse. (pocket 10s for instance). Unless you think he's more likely to be donking air at you and might bluff you again on the turn, but I'd still prefer a raise so you don't lose out on value should any scare cards come on the turn (pretty much any overcard can be scary here.) The turn honestly changes little. If he had AA or a set you're now ahead, but other than that it's just a great bluffing card because it looks like your AK/KQ paired up over his 10s or whatever. I just think this card is too scary to bet, and will likely fold out a ton of hands that we beat but might bet at us/call us on the river. I also don't see a lot of flush draws in his range. If we let A8 or 87 of diamonds get there, so be it. I think we can get more value waiting for the river.

Nothing *wrong* with the way you played it. I just think you could have gotten more value from your powerhouse hand.

At the same time we might lose credit for floating and betting scare cards when we have air, as we won't always do the same with a monster hand. But since most of our opponents aren't thinking players, I don't think we're risking that much.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah, simple explanation is that you played that too passively. With KK you should basically be happy to get all your chips in as soon as possible. Sure the Ace will come some of the time (22.6%), and some of the time someone will have it, but the only way to protect is to be more aggressive. And you sort of have to accept losing to an ace sometimes.
      In this hand though it looks like the guy was just making a bluff though, if you had raised him there I think he would have folded.

Comment

I agree. You need to raise more preflop and also to raise the flop. You don't want people drawing out on you without having to pay more to do so.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What would have been a good raise for me I was thinking around 195 or 200 or should I have bet like 350 or 400?
          2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

in that situation about 200
            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

200-250's about what I normally raise it to that early.
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.