PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kjondal vs Karam - Great Hand #8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kjondal vs Karam - Great Hand #8

EPT 3 Monte Carlo - Kjondal vs Karam

Watch video here.

Would you have acted the same way? What would you have done differently? Share your thoughts and feedback via this forum discussion about this hand.

Regards
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Jun 15, 2011, 01:51 AM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

I"d have raised more preflop with the AA, he only raised basically the blinds/antes. I'd have probably raised double the amount he did. But liked him folding when the straight hit the board. He sensed the better hand and got off AA.... something most people won't do.

The other hand, hit top pair and gutshot straight draw on the flop, so you gotta see if you can hit 2 pair, trips or a straight... and he hit the best option for him.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

That was a perfect case for laying down the bullets. He knew he was beat and insta-folded, which is easier said than done lol!!
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I"d have raised more preflop with the AA, he only raised basically the blinds/antes. I'd have probably raised double the amount he did.
        Why? If you base the size of your preflop raise on what hand you have, you have a very face-up exploitable game. Depending on stack sizes once people figure it out you'll either just take the blinds with your super monster (whoop-de-doo), or get called and only get postflop action when you're beat. Also, by bloating the pot early you end up having to play a big pot postflop with what is usually a 1-pair hand.

But liked him folding when the straight hit the board.
        Pretty much every hand that would call the flop bet besides a pure float or overpair QQ, KK has him beat. 77, 86, 87, 88, 98, 99, T8, T9, TT, J8, J9, JT. He's barely ahead of QJ. And also, the way Karam stacked his chips is just really suspicious. He clearly clearly wants a call.
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
          Why? If you base the size of your preflop raise on what hand you have, you have a very face-up exploitable game. Depending on stack sizes once people figure it out you'll either just take the blinds with your super monster (whoop-de-doo), or get called and only get postflop action when you're beat. Also, by bloating the pot early you end up having to play a big pot postflop with what is usually a 1-pair hand.
          Standard opening raise is what I meant by it. Unless that's his standard opener, something different would throw up a warning flag.... which I wouldn't want, if I had AA. I'd want it to look like I had a typical hand to see a flop with, not a monster.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh, okay. 2-2.5x is pretty standard, especially with antes in play. A smaller pot compared to your stacks allows for more postflop play.
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The commentator (the one doing all the talking lol) has a great accent but I may be biased. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                The commentator (the one doing all the talking lol) has a great accent but I may be biased. umbup:
                so do u typically pronounce the word "position" as "possession" like that guy did?

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.