PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 10 in BB facing button raise, SB 3 bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 10 in BB facing button raise, SB 3 bet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 625/1250 Blinds 150 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t67946)
    Hero (BB) (t32906)
    UTG (t69889)
    UTG+1 (t74208)
    MP1 (t92616)
    MP2 (t40314)
    MP3 (t14982)
    CO (t119641)
    Button (t84535)

Hero's M: 10.20

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
    6 folds, Button bets t2757, SB raises to t7110, 2 folds

Total pot: t8114

ok, don't punish me for this... i don't have reads on the players - new to the table... except that they are from spain and mexico... in my experience generally wild players. So I range button on a lot of hands probably top 40%. The small blind, on most pairs 55+, A10+, KQ+

It was a very close jam, and a clod 4 bet jam looks super strong...
    button is a losing player, small blind however is a very good player. so he may realise is a great spot for a 3bet and be doing it light...

thoughts?

M of ten = all in.

possible exception is close to the bubble and many more players much shorter than you.

In this hand, I see the SB as squeezing the button's blind steel attempt.
    This is a possible triple up situation. Unless you are on the bubble where they may just check it down, further action could eliminate some one who might beat you by the river.

Poker stove ak vrs aq vrs 1010 and you are about a 42 percent favourite to win
    AK VRS AK vrs 1010 and you are 62 percent favorite.

Comment

Especially if you think 1 of them will drop (so hopefully worst case you're in a coin flip), then I like pushing it here. Button could be raising with a pretty wide range and I think you're right... SB senses a steal opportunity.

The only way I wouldn't push is if you're right near the bubble or a big pay level jump.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks

I think I definitely owe myself a slap in the face for the fold which I did... it was on the bubble.

I used the excuse that I don't know the players - I looked them up after the hand. Regardless, its 3 handed, 10 10 is a monster and my M=10.

ahhh.... why did I fold.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.