PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QK two pair vs 2 people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QK two pair vs 2 people

I was playing PSO and hit my two pair op the flop Did I play this good?

First off I don't like the flat call UTG.

Did you have any reads on your opponents? If not I would have folded my KQ to the 4X raise as well.

The flop puts you in real danger and in very difficult decision making position, with a raise and a call after your check i suspect the villians were holding pocket Js and Aces respectively.

Maybe you won the hand but even if you did I think you played it badly with your position and holding. I would have folded right away.

TC

Comment

Limping UTG is not good, and calling a raise out of position with KQ on 28bb effective is also not good. Honestly at a full table UTG this is probably just an open fold pre.

I would have led right out on this flop, the board is very coordinated and draw heavy, not a good spot to go for a check-raise and your hand strength doesn't really warrant it.... as far as top 2 pair goes this is about as weak as you can get.

I'm sure he lost the hand top, if he wasn't beat already the ace on the turn beat him.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Personally, that's a hand that I'm going to be alot more cautious with than most, especially early in a tourney.

First, you limped from UTG... not a great idea. If you're going to play it from UTG, you should be raising to open. UTG+1 called your limp, which means they've probably got a speculative hand. The raise to 4BB since earlier in the tourney would get me to muck it because you're behind in the hand and not mucking it is where a big problem can start, especially here.

Yes, you hit top 2 pair.... BUT.... with K Q 10 on the board, you could also very easily be beat. Anyone in the hand could easily have an A or a J or AJ(the current nuts). There also are two diamonds, so a diamond flush draw could be out there (would expect that possibly from UTG+1 that wanted to limp first, as suited cards would fit that play, especially when they push the flop).

I could have easily have called the all-in from UTG+1, but I would not be pushing the original raiser to 4BB preflop, until I knew there wasn't an easy straight or flush out there..... and that's exactly what happens on the turn with the A. Now, you're beat by any J.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I see your point.
          Your totally right about this one.

I lost this hand by someone having 10 10

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.