PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A10 allin vs short stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10 allin vs short stack

I was playing PSO and the opponent was pretty shorted stacked and was pretty loose agressive.
    Was this the right call?

PokerStars Game #61650253188: Tournament #387020692, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (800/1600) - 2011/05/04 1:53:42 CET [2011/05/03 19:53:42 ET]
    Table '387020692 26' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
    Seat 1: doc. hamster (16746 in chips)
    Seat 2: shell2309 (6520 in chips)
    Seat 3: Hllywoodrose (28324 in chips)
    Seat 4: jayreed (3406 in chips)
    Seat 5: davejoyjim (7431 in chips)
    Seat 6: dovirg (23368 in chips)
    Seat 7: WEAVER338 (1460 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 8: dott 63 (4385 in chips)
    Seat 9: MisterCe (16275 in chips)
    doc. hamster: posts the ante 150
    shell2309: posts the ante 150
    Hllywoodrose: posts the ante 150
    jayreed: posts the ante 150
    davejoyjim: posts the ante 150
    dovirg: posts the ante 150
    WEAVER338: posts the ante 150
    dott 63: posts the ante 150
    MisterCe: posts the ante 150
    MisterCe: posts small blind 800
    doc. hamster: posts big blind 1600
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to doc. hamster [As Tc]
    shell2309: raises 4770 to 6370 and is all-in
    Hllywoodrose: folds
    jayreed: folds
    davejoyjim: folds
    dovirg: folds
    WEAVER338: folds
    dott 63: folds
    MisterCe: folds
    doc. hamster: calls 4770
    *** FLOP *** [Ad 4h Qd]
    *** TURN *** [Ad 4h Qd] [Qc]
    *** RIVER *** [Ad 4h Qd Qc] [3s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***

By the looks of things, there was T9670 in the pot and you only had to call T4770. That means that you were getting almost exactly 2-to-1 pot odds. AA, AK, AQ, and AJ are the only hands that you're not getting sufficient odds to call against. If the villain had KK, then you still would have had good pot odds. Since I think most opponents, especially loose ones, would make this all-in play with a pretty wide range, I believe that you had good pot odds to call. I would make this call against almost any opponent. umbup: Do I ever sleep?

Comment

If it's after the bubble, not a problem calling that at all, especially against a loose aggressive, as Panicky stated.

If before the bubble, then I'd muck it to be sure to get ITM (and the extra league points).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yep you're getting 2 to 1. Against almost any conceivable range A 10 will have that.

If it's after the bubble, not a problem calling that at all, especially against a loose aggressive, as Panicky stated.

If before the bubble, then I'd muck it to be sure to get ITM (and the extra league points).
        Only in PSO. And even then I'm calling. I'm getting 2 to 1 odds and I'll still have about 10,000 chips if I lose. This is plenty to get ITM if that's my only focus.

Outside of PSO, there's a saying, that if not making the money is that devastating to you, you're probably playing above your bankroll. ITM is what, 1.5 times your buy-in? Winning is oh so much more.
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.