PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KJo with 9bb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJo with 9bb

I think I made the correct more, but I would like you to asses it.

PokerStars Game #61620218723: Tournament #391009317, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2011/05/03 3:34:01 PT [2011/05/03 6:34:01 ET]
    Table '391009317 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
    Seat 3: Jorel XIII (6185 in chips)
    Seat 4: sch@@pherder (16640 in chips)
    Seat 5: sport tolik (6500 in chips)
    Seat 7: andrei17731 (7030 in chips)
    Seat 9: Lok-vvo (4145 in chips)
    Jorel XIII: posts the ante 50
    sch@@pherder: posts the ante 50
    sport tolik: posts the ante 50
    andrei17731: posts the ante 50
    Lok-vvo: posts the ante 50
    Jorel XIII: posts small blind 400
    sch@@pherder: posts big blind 800
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to andrei17731 [Jd Ks]
    andrei17731 said, "cool"
    andrei17731 said, "say thank you"
    andrei17731 said, "i was ahead of u"
    sport tolik: folds
    andrei17731 said, "that was fair"
    andrei17731: raises 6180 to 6980 and is all-in
    Lok-vvo: folds
    Jorel XIII: folds
    sch@@pherder: calls 6180
    andrei17731 said, "fck"
    *** FLOP *** [8c 4c 6h]
    *** TURN *** [8c 4c 6h] [5s]
    andrei17731 said, "there u go"
    *** RIVER *** [8c 4c 6h 5s] [Qc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***

Originally posted by andrei17731 View Post
    andrei17731 said, "fck"
    I've seen this comment in your hand histories before. Controlling your emotions at the poker table will help your game long-term. You made a reasonable play as short stack and lost the hand and were sent to the rail. You can only control your decisions at the table. You can't control which cards hit the board or what your opponent chooses to play. Last night I was put out of a live game by 87s against my AJo when I had about 10 bb. Play enough poker and you will get beat in every way imaginable. I believe the only beat I am lacking in my career is having a strait flush beaten by a higher one.

Poker happens. Get over it.

Comment

I agree with Joe. It seems from the chat you lost the prior hand and are tilting cause the guy said "ty". A comment which is designed to elicit an emotional response. When you tilt, he beats you again.

KJo from the cut off on these stacks a shove is probably fine. We can't give a better answer really until you include the relevant info like player reads or stats on the button and blinds.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lol, I wasn't tilting, I knew that KJ isn't that strong of a hand, and if anyone was going to call, they most likely had me beat, so when scheaaperder called I knew it was the end of the tournament. He had AQo.

Comment

so when scheaaperder called I knew it was the end of the tournament. He had AQo.
          There is an inaccuracy in this statement which indicates an over all negative mindset. DUCY?
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What do you mean by ducy? and no its just if anybody was going to call it would be with any pair or AT+ for sure, so when he called it was just a feeling that he had me beat, I'm just trying to being realistic. If it turned out that he didn't have a hand like that well then, great, no harm done.
            Last edited by andrei17731; Wed May 04, 2011, 04:41 AM.

Comment

DUCY = Do You See Why

Comment

and no its just if anybody was going to call it would be with any pair or AT+ for sure, so when he called it was just a feeling that he had me beat, I'm just trying to being realistic. If it turned out that he didn't have a hand like that well then, great, no harm done.
                That's not what I mean. I doubt you'll ever get called by worse just like you do. That's not hte point. The shove is +EV because of all the times you'll win the pot uncontested (fold equity). What I mean about the negative mindset is "the tournament is over" comment. You will always still have equity to double up when called. In this case vs AQ you're only a 62-38 dog... 38% equity when called is nothing to sneeze and and roughly 4 times out of 10 here your tournament would not have been over.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh yeah, I am only that much of an underdog, thanks for the post.

Comment

What do you mean by ducy? and no its just if anybody was going to call it would be with any pair or AT+ for sure, so when he called it was just a feeling that he had me beat, I'm just trying to being realistic. If it turned out that he didn't have a hand like that well then, great, no harm done.
                    AT+ 22+ is 10.7% of all possible holdings. One player of four opponents has folded so you should expect to be called 28.8% of the time [(1-(1-.107)^3)*100)] by the remaining three.

Now lets look at the EV of a shove. Against your perceived calling range KJo wins 36.9% and loses 63.1%.
                    All Fold = T$1033 [you gain 1450 71.2% of the time]
                    1 call & win = T$3111 [you gain 1450+6980= 8430 36.9% of the time)
                    1 call & lose = -T$4404 [you lose 6980 63.1% of the time]
                    EV = 1033 + 3111 - 4404 = -260

So when you shove in this situation you lose an average of T$260 so this looks like a fold unless they will call with a wider range or the blinds and antes are higher (= more dead money).

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.