PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did i do wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did i do wrong?

final table: my opponent is a tight player, AA till 10 10 and AK AQ but as we last three left i get AK o in SB, his chip stack is more than double of mine. my reasoning was to get the blinds and ante at this stage rather than let him into play. also i got too many Ak last 10 hands and i thought the chances are high i will loose this one. as i know he is a tight player did not expect him to call at this stage. by the way button folded!

You played very well. AK is a strong hand, and you should play it. You did not have many big blinds left, so going all-in right away was correct. You just got unlucky. It happens sometimes, but you did play well.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Comment

As an almost 70% fav against their hand (65% vs a random one), you absolutely made the right decision. If I get that hand in that situation, I'm shoving 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, you got unlucky, but it's the correct play.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.