PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad a fold was this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad a fold was this?

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Post reads on the villain and any other info and you'll get better answers.

He's repping AQ+ so I think the fold is fine personally.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

only level 3, so no major reads yet on villian, and he'd played a couple of hands and won before showdown.

Pre flop i placed him on maybe a KK or, like me, high ace. After flop, check/all in has me thinking "what if he DOES have a KK, or maybe AA". Early in tourney, so i think its big a risk calling, so i fold.

I've also been caught out by high PP's when I've thought I've had the best hand.
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Because it is early on you should be looking to take advantage of the looser players.
        They pretty much donate chips in the first 20 minutes.So you have double his stack and he is low
        already.I have noticed players that hit $1100 seem to feel like they are pot commited more often in PSO.They dont want to fall behind and shove to steal some chips or get a early out.
        They do not like playing behind.

Why would you put him on KK?Seems like a very narrow range to put him on.

Comment

Like i say, been caught out by high PP's before, the strong check/all in, i don't know for sure his range and i really don't wan't my game to go tits up this soon.

Comment

Yeah, you shouldn't be putting him on a specific hand preflop, only a range of hands.

It seems to me this post flop line is repping AQ+, but a good way to evaluate spots like this is to ask yourself if the villain would take this line with the next worst hand strength to yours. In this case that's KQ. Would this player play KQ this way? QJ? If the answer is yes to these, then this is a call. If the answer is no, then you really only have a bluff catcher so the question then becomes how often would they take this line as a bluff with say AK? If you can nail down some answers to these questions you'll be able to make a more informed decision.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.