PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 utg early phase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 utg early phase

Not that this hand is a big deal, but I'm just curious as to what your thought process would be for this hand. It doesn't hurt you much to call, but I would like to know the correct play and based on what logic.

PokerStars Game #61368723929: Tournament #389273313, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/04/27 4:25:01 PT [2011/04/27 7:25:01 ET]
    Table '389273313 3' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: Chiptaker67 (1505 in chips)
    Seat 2: kiltedmich (1345 in chips)
    Seat 4: rosso1984 (6210 in chips)
    Seat 5: Rhyme999 (1375 in chips)
    Seat 6: andrei17731 (1994 in chips)
    Seat 8: Kuboc (1071 in chips)
    rosso1984: posts small blind 25
    Rhyme999: posts big blind 50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to andrei17731 [2s 2d]
    andrei17731: calls 50
    dj buns is connected
    Kuboc: raises 134 to 184
    Chiptaker67: folds
    kiltedmich: folds
    rosso1984: folds
    Rhyme999: folds
    andrei17731: calls 134
    *** FLOP *** [Ac 8c Js]
    andrei17731: checks
    Kuboc: bets 204
    andrei17731: folds
    Uncalled bet (204) returned to Kuboc
    Kuboc collected 443 from pot
    Kuboc: doesn't show hand

Not enough info. It depends entirely on the table, and you should have reads on individual villains and the table dynamic in general by now, it's level 3. Limping in, folding, or even raising could be correct.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

With pocket deuces in early position with a 9-person table, I sometimes flat-call with the intention of calling a bet of max 3bb pre-flop, but folding if there is any multi re-raising happening after me.
      but if i am the big stack, i might raise and try to catch a set, or if i dont, bully and raise if i think the flop is safe for me to steal the pot in.
      in your position i wouldve probably folded because it's early in the tournament, and there are better positions for me to get my chips in than this one
      but your play is decent too, he raised about 3.5bb and then with that flop, its a definite fold.

Comment

Think effective stacks, you could have 5k behind you, but your opponent raises with only 800 left and it's 134 to call.

I can't see how this is ever profitable with 22. So many hands this guy is shipping the flop with.

Comment

Originally posted by archide View Post
          Think effective stacks, you could have 5k behind you, but your opponent raises with only 800 left and it's 134 to call.

I can't see how this is ever profitable with 22. So many hands this guy is shipping the flop with.
          +1.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.