PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i play these quads wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i play these quads wrong?

I can not get the hand replayer to work for me, but here is the hand history from a last night gind session on 3/6 table..trying to see if i play these wrong, could i have made more profit off of these quads..tx for the advice...

PokerStars Game #60840231034: Hold'em Limit ($3/$6 USD) - 2011/04/14 20:14:27 ET Table 'Makover X' 10-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 3: Flojlsfisken ($236.50 in chips) Seat 5: GKallai ($67.50 in chips) Seat 7: rgardner1976 ($309 in chips) Seat 8: TARIQ06 ($77 in chips)
    rgardner1976: posts small blind $1
    TARIQ06: posts big blind $3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to TARIQ06 [8s 8c]
    Flojlsfisken: raises $3 to $6
    GKallai: folds
    rgardner1976: folds
    TARIQ06: raises $3 to $9
    Flojlsfisken: calls $3
    *** FLOP *** [2c 4c 8h]
    TARIQ06: bets $3
    Flojlsfisken: raises $3 to $6
    TARIQ06: raises $3 to $9
    Flojlsfisken: raises $3 to $12
    Betting is capped
    TARIQ06: calls $3
    *** TURN *** [2c 4c 8h] [5h]
    TARIQ06: bets $6
    Flojlsfisken: calls $6
    *** RIVER *** [2c 4c 8h 5h] [8d]
    TARIQ06: bets $6
    Flojlsfisken: calls $6
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    TARIQ06: shows [8s 8c] (four of a kind, Eights)
    Flojlsfisken: mucks hand
    TARIQ06 collected $65 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $67 | Rake $2
    Board [2c 4c 8h 5h 8d]
    Seat 3: Flojlsfisken mucked [Tc Ac]
    Seat 5: GKallai (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: rgardner1976 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 8: TARIQ06 (big blind) showed [8s 8c] and won ($65) with four of a kind, Eights

** Moved **

Comment

HA forum Tariq..........I think it worked out well for you here.

JT

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
        ** Moved **

Dude's quick

JT

Comment

You seemed to get max value.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It is reasonable to go for a check-raise on the turn as the guy did cap the flop, but there's 2 points about that:

1) sometimes players do this as part of a free card play. They raise the flop thinking to take a free card on the turn, you foil the plan and 3b, but they try it agian with a 4b.

2) Even if he's strong here and is not going to take a free card, your check/raise shows a ton of strength and he will often slow down. If you just bet right out he may well raise again on the turn, allowing you to get 3 bets in instead of 2.

Over all, I like the line you took.

Dave
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

There is no right or wrong in poker. Just more correct and less correct. Optimal or sub-optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
                There is no right or wrong in poker. Just more correct and less correct. Optimal or sub-optimal.

Good Line and Better Line.......................I will say that this group working in the HA forum is making this Community a better place. Over and over we get views from different eyes. If you aren't learning here. You just aren't trying.

Well Done Gentlemen!!!!

JT

Comment

Can anyone explain the CAP line? I am a little lost on this one.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                    Can anyone explain the CAP line? I am a little lost on this one.

TC
                    This is a limit game. Only so many bets allowed (cap).

JT

Comment

I like c/r the turn here as well since he capped the flop, I don't see a good hand he open raises which looks for a free card here on the river. He could potentially open with AK/AQ but then is he really capping for value here?

If he's bluffing his missed cards then if you c/r he is likely to cap the turn as well.

I'll defer more to TheLangolier though on this thought process because I do not play a ton of limit.

But I think the key is that it's an UTG raiser and when you check this turn he's going to want to rep an overpair still.

Comment

In limit, we want to bet for value everytime. EVERYTIME!

JT

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.