PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stubern again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stubern again!

I know what you are going to say,I should have known I was beat on the turn. In my own defense this player was realy lagy in this game.Have no history on him so I can`t say if it`s his normal play.What would you have done? I do get stubern on hands. I feel this is my greatest leak!

# 28
    PokerStars Game #60762070146: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2011/04/13 9:12:32 ET
    Table 'Tekmessa VI' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: Medmeduk ($1.36 in chips)
    Seat 2: Pau352 ($2.09 in chips)
    Seat 3: GMetaphor ($0.58 in chips)
    Seat 4: nashe9 ($2.92 in chips)
    Seat 5: Stur 83 ($5.25 in chips)
    Seat 6: PokerReed533 ($2.47 in chips)
    Seat 7: leofarias8 ($5 in chips)
    Seat 8: mrchaps05 ($5.23 in chips)
    Seat 9: Philipche ($4.91 in chips)
    Pau352: posts small blind $0.01
    GMetaphor: posts big blind $0.02
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to mrchaps05 [Jd Kd]
    nashe9: folds
    Stur 83: calls $0.02
    PokerReed533: folds
    leofarias8: folds
    mrchaps05: raises $0.06 to $0.08
    Philipche: folds
    Medmeduk: folds
    Pau352: folds
    GMetaphor: folds
    Stur 83: calls $0.06
    *** FLOP *** [Jc Ts 3h]
    Stur 83: checks
    mrchaps05: bets $0.13
    Stur 83: calls $0.13
    *** TURN *** [Jc Ts 3h] [8s]
    Stur 83: checks
    mrchaps05: bets $0.33
    Stur 83: raises $0.33 to $0.66
    Stur 83 said, "lol"
    Stur 83 said, "hard to call"
    mrchaps05: calls $0.33
    *** RIVER *** [Jc Ts 3h 8s] [3s]
    Stur 83: bets $0.62
    mrchaps05: calls $0.62
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Stur 83: shows [Qd 9d] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
    mrchaps05: mucks hand
    Stur 83 collected $2.87 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $3.01 | Rake $0.14
    Board [Jc Ts 3h 8s 3s]
    Seat 1: Medmeduk (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Pau352 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: GMetaphor (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: nashe9 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: Stur 83 showed [Qd 9d] and won ($2.87) with a straight, Eight to Queen
    Seat 6: PokerReed533 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: leofarias8 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: mrchaps05 mucked [Jd Kd]
    Seat 9: Philipche folded before Flop (didn't bet)

check out this link: http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/theorems/baluga/

Any time you are raised on the TURN, you should really take some time to re-assess your hand.

Opponents may tend to call flop bets on draws, but they tend to indicate in some manner that they've gotten there on the turn.

This may help you avoid losing excess money in these spots.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by mrchaps05 View Post
      I know what you are going to say,I should have known I was beat on the turn. In my own defense this player was realy lagy in this game.Have no history on him so I can`t say if it`s his normal play.What would you have done? I do get stubern on hands. I feel this is my greatest leak!
      I turn into an absolute crazy person at the cash tables - all those lessons we heard about "never quit", "you have to be in it to win it", and "it's not over 'til it's over" go flashing through my head and I cannot let go.

That mentality was hurting me in tournies too at first, but there the payoff comes from outlasting everybody else rather than winning specific hands, so folding came to make more 'sense' I guess?

Like I'm equate "folding" with "quitting" or something? Ugh, I don't know ...

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
        check out this link: http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/theorems/baluga/

Any time you are raised on the TURN, you should really take some time to re-assess your hand.

Opponents may tend to call flop bets on draws, but they tend to indicate in some manner that they've gotten there on the turn.

This may help you avoid losing excess money in these spots.
        I like that story JD - I lost a hand just the other day when somebody hit 2pr with 97o on the turn ... I guess the reraise should have been a sign

Comment

The minraise and the spiel on why he couldn't flat are huge alarms. Here's a good concept to burn into your brain and was tough for me:

"It is ok and acceptable to get bluffed off a hand and know there is a chance you are being bluffed off a hand."

It's not about fighting, it's about making good decisions.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.