PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shove on the flop with top 2 pair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shove on the flop with top 2 pair

It was early in today's $2.20 5K guaranteed tourney at 11pm. I am still playing there. I was advised earlier today in another thread here to shove on the flop with a better hand to avoid a suckout. I did that and lost the hand. Was I wrong?

U played this perfectly. However, it didn't work out your way. In this game, you can do everything right. Just not win the hand. This is a perfect example. You tried to protect your hand. However, he wasn't getting away and caught his 3 outter. It happens..............

Only other thing that can be done is to slow down and play small pots. Early in a tourney and you have 4 times the stack of anyone else at your table. Slow down and don't get it in until all the cards are out and u have the NUTZ.........

JT

Comment

with that much of a stack, compared to your opponent, it was absolutely the correct move. They had 3 outs against you and got lucky. Play it that way and you'll win alot more than you'll lose. with them having 3 outs, they are 12% against you going to the turn and if they miss it, 6% to the river.... you're way ahead and did the right thing.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you!

Both replies were very useful.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.