PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2.20 180 man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.20 180 man

Ok so I played 1 of these tonight... man what a donk fest... here are the 3 hands I played lol

Hand 1 any time a blind made a raise this guy was reraising to 5 or 600
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t1440)
    BB (t1460)
    UTG (t1460)
    UTG+1 (t1340)
    MP1 (t3045)
    MP2 (t2070)
    Hero (CO) (t1455)
    Button (t1200)

Hero's M: 32.33

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
    4 folds, Hero bets t90, Button raises to t510, 2 folds, Hero raises to t1455 (All-In), Button calls t690 (All-In)

Flop: (t2445) 6, A, Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2445) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2445) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2445

Results:
    Button had 8, A (full house, Aces over Queens).
    Hero had Q, Q (four of a kind, Queens).
    Outcome: Hero won t2445

Second hand, this fine russian fellow had been all in about 9 times now, winning with A 6 and 45 sooted...
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t2230)
    Button (t4365)
    SB (t1560)
    BB (t1410)
    UTG (t1475)
    UTG+1 (t1945)
    Hero (MP1) (t2625)
    MP2 (t790)

Hero's M: 17.50

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
    UTG bets t1475 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1475, 5 folds

Flop: (t3100) 3, J, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t3100) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3100) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3100

Results:
    UTG had 10, K (flush, King high).
    Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
    Outcome: UTG won t3100

Third hand, basic A shove, dont need analysis, I couldnt have played any better just unfortunate lol

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t2230)
    UTG (t4990)
    UTG+1 (t1510)
    MP1 (t1485)
    MP2 (t2375)
    MP3 (t3100)
    CO (t1770)
    Hero (Button) (t925)
    SB (t390)

Hero's M: 4.11

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, A
    UTG calls t150, 5 folds, Hero bets t925 (All-In), SB calls t315 (All-In), 1 fold, UTG calls t775

Flop: (t2390) Q, A, J (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2390) K (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2390) 9 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2390

Results:
    Hero had 9, A (two pair, Aces and nines).
    SB had J, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
    UTG had 10, 10 (straight, Ace high).
    Outcome: UTG won t2390

If you get one that pushes every hand.... then you just have to pick your spots and gamble with them. Get them in when you're ahead is about all you can hope for..... or.... more hands like the first one

2nd hand... nothing you can do. I've seen way too many AA's beat this week.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

These are not for every one you will need a good Turbo Game and understanding to have good success in these.

If you not a reg Turbo player you might not want to play as they play can seem very wild and you will not feel comfortable in this game

With that said Best of Luck
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thats true, but open shoving 45 in the second level? lol... turbos are definitely a different bird thoughumbup:

Comment

Do a search in any GOOD poker forum and there will be some great advice for these games. I can't remember the guys name. But, at the time he was one of the most profitable players in these and would actually send you via email his theory on this specific game. I am sure he's still out there but one does need a taste for this specific 180 man game.

JT

Comment

thanks umbup: its a very fast game, everyone is shoving lol but you can make some good cash in it

Comment

Badbeat section is to the left door

I find its best to stay away from these if your roll isnt well cushioned.
              Variance can kill all ambition and these have turned some people mad.
              If your not a aggressive player I would look to play something else.

have you tried playing the $4.40 180?
              Might be more your speed.

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                thanks umbup: its a very fast game, everyone is shoving lol but you can make some good cash in it
                usually the only time play gets tight in these is bubble time for the money or when theres 10 players left
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.