PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curse of the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse of the river?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Train of thought: pre flop - early days, fair hand so see on the cheap flop - "yay yay! top pair." $100 bet - "Hmm, flush draw, best put him off". 1,120 re raise "nah, can't have anything, can he..." call. see his cards. "sweet, ahead. odds of hitting again: me= 20% him= also 20%. i have best hand, though. turn - so far so good... river - air inside my head turns blue "S.S.D.D."
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

against a random hand after the flop, you are an 82.7% fav against a random hand. Against their hand, you're at 81.6%. Mark that one up in the bad luck column.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yep, best to not let your opponent see all 5 streets when your holding a medium strength hand. Of course, sometimes you can't do anything about that. My favorite is the 2 or 3 outer on the river. It feels like a slap across the face lol.

There are other ways you could have played this hand. For example: If you had raised to 300 you might have gotten 7To to fold preflop, but my guess is this guy wanted to play so he probably would have called... Even so, your show of strength would possibly have scared him enough to not get all the chips in on the flop with middle pair 7 kicker. You got all your chips in ahead, which is always a good result. Better luck next time!

Comment

Once again JWK, thanks. Been doing all my hands lately, so please don't think its unappreciated.umbup: Rockerguy - thanks for input and for luck (in this game, always handy). always interested to hear alternates to how i play.
        Last edited by havocofsmeg; Tue Apr 12, 2011, 11:33 PM. Reason: rockerguy posted whilst writing
        'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.