PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad a play was this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad a play was this?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

with them having a pocket pair and flopping a set, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but here's the way I'd have played it.

QQ UTG needs to be a raise. I'd have raised to either 600 or more probably 800 preflop. This will eliminate most of the ace/rag or king/rag players and possibly some low pairs (less people that can draw out on you).

With 3 under cards on the flop, I'd have made at least a pot-sized bet, if not pushed.

But... with their hand and flop, you're going to bust on that hand probably 95% of the time.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I largely didn't raise preflop I usually minimum call to avoid loosing to much in the event I'm out floped . This time I was also attempting to camoflauge my hand. That a bad idea UTG?
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Originally posted by havocofsmeg View Post
        I largely didn't raise preflop I usually minimum call to avoid loosing to much in the event I'm out floped . This time I was also attempting to camoflauge my hand. That a bad idea UTG?
        I like the idea of hiding your hand, but only from late or the blinds. If you do it as the first to act from UTG or UTG+1, it invites others to limp, which you don't want with a big pair. The more in the pot that can draw at your big pair, the worse shape you'll be in.
        Say pkt 3's or 4's... different story... then you want to see the flop cheap and win a big one if you hit a set, or fold if you miss.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the input.umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.