PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK I tride to adust a little and play these next hands for value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I tride to adust a little and play these next hands for value

At least I think thats what I was trying to do, lol. $5+.30 No Limit Hold em (fifty,50 new!) Early in the tourney and didn't have any real read on any of these players but having just read the critique on my J,J thread from yesterday I decided to bet these a little different. With K,K I re raised every bet till the river where I hoped I could squeeze him a little bit more. Over all this hand is a nice win. A few hands later I get 10,10 and try a similar strategy since it was very successful the first time. So happens it's the same player. When the river turn hits I am first to act. I am afraid that if I check the hand and he bets with air I will have to decide weather to fold the 10,10 vs a possible set so I bet enough to run him off the pot or take him out. Of course he turns over a the nine to take down the pot. Should I have checked the turn and laid down the pocket pair if he bets, bet less to take his temperature with how he reacts to the bet, or did I make the right move?
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.